About the team
This is your opportunity to join our Deloitte’s Financial Advisory team and to lead Financial Data Analytics assignments in the context of Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A).
Working on high profile M&A projects with the best in the field, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of jobs, with a mix of both corporate and private equity transactions, within a highly commercial, client focused environment.
Our team provides clients with dedicated support for a transaction or potential transaction. Typically, this involves the investigation of the target from a variety of perspectives to ensure significant value items, risks and other matters have been identified and considered by our client and assisting them in making an informed decision regarding the transaction.
Our core services include acquisition due diligence, vendor due diligence, pre-deal M&A support, bid defence and support, etc. Typically, we work within a wider deal team which accesses the firm's vast range of specialist expertise including commercial and operational due diligence, sale and purchase agreement negotiation, real estate, treasury, pensions, modeling, fund placement, merger integration, IT and business intelligence.
Our team has developed a Data Analytics Centre of Excellence and we are seeking to expand. We are hiring a (Senior) Consultant to join our team. Your role will be critical with respect to providing analytically focused Financial due diligence and M&A transaction support to our clients and is pivotal in shaping the visualisation capabilities of Deloitte’s M&A teams. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to bridge the gap between visualisation and financial analysis expertise.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Quickly develop an understanding of the target business and its drivers
- Manipulate large data sets to provide compelling, value add outputs
- Develop static & interactive data visualisations to communicate business insights to clients
- Build visualisations and support analysis of historical trading, quality of earnings, working capital, cash flow, etc.
- Collaborate extensively with Deloitte engagement teams and clients
- Clearly and effectively communicate requirements, timelines and insights to both internal Deloitte team members, as well as clients
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Working knowledge of Tableau Desktop. Knowledge of any other BI tools is an asset.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a financial background such as controlling is a must have.
- Ability to ETL client data to facilitate analysis / visualisation
- Ability to manage, analyse and present findings from large volumes of data
- Previous relevant work experience, with a focus on data analytics
- Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams, including training (formal and on-the-job).
- Fluency in Dutch, French and English
At Deloitte, we hire potential. We know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
You will receive an attractive and competitive remuneration package with fringe benefits
You will be regarded as a key specialist within the organization, where your advice and output is considered as real added value by your colleagues and clients
You will be part of a high performance M&A Corporate Finance team of 100 Consultants and Partners
You will work in a company, deeply committed to your personal development, offering clear career growth opportunities and continuous learning programmes
You will have the possibility to quickly develop your leadership skills, and be given the opportunity to coach and nurture your colleagues who are ambitious, highly educated and have great team spirit
You will often work in multidisciplinary and international teams on projects where you have a genuine impact on a client situation
You will work in the new Deloitte headquarters on the Brussels Airport runway (Zaventem). Occasional travel/work at the client site can take place as well
We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility, please do discuss with us.