USG Professionals focuses on the development of your talent by bringing you into contact with challenging corporate cultures. We guide our experts in six cross-sector disciplines during their professional journey.
For our client, Agfa-Gevaert, we are looking for a Backend Java Developer.
Agfa HealthCare, a part of the Agfa-Gevaert Group, is a leading provider of integrated IT solutions, state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging and contrast media solutions for hospitals and other healthcare centres. Agfa HealthCare has over a century of healthcare experience in diagnostic imaging and has been a pioneer on the healthcare IT market since the early 1990s. Over the years, Agfa HealthCare has demonstrated its capacity to rise successfully to its customers' technological challenges, and to guide them in their transition from analogue to digital IT solutions. Today, Agfa HealthCare is a global Imaging Informatics leader with over 3600 installations (PACS, RIS, CVIS and Enterprise Imaging) worldwide. The company is also a pioneer in the e-health area, with solutions linking thousands of general practitioners to healthcare providers.
You will be part of a Java development team that is working on the next generation solutions (solutions for facilitating image viewing and image related reporting and workflows to all hospital departments). You will be part of a growing development team, working by an agile programming methodology. Developers on the team are proactively involved in the full cycle of professional software development. This includes working on the design, coding, maintenance and integrated testing of leading edge software. You will collaborate with other colleagues in Belgium, Shanghai, Austria Canada, US and Germany in the context of the project.
This position is specifically for a team responsible for the application server infrastructure, platform functionality such as clustering, authentication, high availability and the workflow orchestration.
The job requires a high interest in both technical and functional aspects of software development. Innovation and knowledge transfer are core values in our dedication to continuous improvement as together we "make a difference" in the healthcare arena.
- Contribute to the agile programming methodology
- Design parts of the application in collaboration with other software engineers and architects of your team
- Work closely with the product owner to determine the functional and technical needs of the product
- Responsible for coding of specific functional parts or platform extensions in the application
- Take responsibility for your part of the application (or platform) as part of the continuous integration process
- Automated testing: unit testing, integration testing, ...
- Work closely with the verification & validation team who will create & execute tests, in addition to your created unit tests & integration tests
- You are growing or already have a passion for java and open source technologies
- You have gathered relevant java development experience either professionally or via open source contribution
- You are a team player and can solve a problem independently. You are interested in the synergy of business functionality and technology.
- You feel confident in an agile working environment
- Minimal: J2SE, J2EE, Eclipse, Design patterns, OOA/D, web services, JUnit, Maven, relational databases (Oracle) & JDBC.
- Extra: JPA, Hibernate, OSGI, JBoss, SDO, profiling, Subversion, SourceForge, Java Open Source technologies, Jenkins. Angular, Bootstrap, Maven, Docker, Linux, JSON, FHIR, DICOM, HL7
Our client offers you a job with challenges in an unique environment that is in full swing. You can count on an attractive salary package and real growth opportunities.