General role description
The Head of Security Services drives the Information Security (IS) services across North & South Europe (NSE) by managing the local IS services and the IS services delivered by Deloitte Global and other parties. The role focuses on the implementation and operations of local IS services and monitors the effectiveness of the global services in the domains of Digital Identity, Data Protection, Core Infrastructure & Application Security, and Cyber Defence – in alignment with the NSE IS strategy. Finally, in case of security incidents, the role will coordinate and oversee the handling of such incidents across the NSE geographies in connection and collaboration with Global Incident Response teams as appropriate.
- Align with the NSE CISO and the Head of Information Security Strategy & GRC to ensure that the IS strategy is adequately implemented.
- Drive the implementation of the NSE IS policies and standards across the NSE organisation.
- Ensure regular reporting of IS service performance metrics to the NSE CISO and ensure regular service management governance is in place with the relevant Deloitte Global Service Delivery Managers.
- Drive continuous improvement measures to enable the increase of maturity concerning the security services on a local level, and provide possible enhancements for the global services.
- In coordination with relevant business stakeholders, oversee the delivery of identity and access management services across the NSE organisation, which includes (privileged) access management, identity lifecycle management, and role based access control.
- Monitor the information and data lifecycle management service, the applicable information classification schemes and related handling procedures, and data loss prevention measures.
- Oversee the infrastructure and application security services ensuring that an adequate level of security is applied on the critical IT infrastructure of the NSE organisation.
- Drive the activities conducted by the Security Operations Centre (SOC) and the capabilities concerning the detection, analysis and resolution of security events and incidents affecting the NWE organisation.
- Ensure that adequate procedures are established at the geography level, especially related to incident management. Coordinate with the Geography CISO’s regarding the handling of security incidents on the level of the geography.
- 12+ years of in-depth experience in managing and operating information security services, such as identity and access management, data protection, infrastructure and application security, and management of security events and incidents.
- Ability to create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Demonstrate leadership skills by managing international teams in an agile environment.
- Business credibility and influencing skills.
- Proven expertise in service delivery management.
- Knowledge in areas such system and network security management, and incident response handling procedures.
- Effective business communication skills to inform, partner, influence and manage key stakeholders to embed effective information security activities and processes across NWE geographies in line with the IS Strategy.
- Up-to-date knowledge of information security trends and threats. Ability to frame threats and exposures in a business context recognised by non-technical staff and executives.
- Professional certification in CISSP, CISM, CCSP, ITIL or equivalent is considered an advantage.
- The ideal candidate has a strong Deloitte network in the business organisation in the different geographies of North & South Europe or demonstrates the ability to establish such a network very fast.
- Strong personal network in relevant communities outside Deloitte.
Beyond local services: North & South Europe within a Global firm
UK, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA. On 1 June 2018, Ireland has joined the new NWE organisation.
Deloitte North West Europe brings together over 38,000 people with a rich mix of skills and perspectives to serve one purpose and reach one aspiration.
On 1 June 2019, Deloitte Central Mediterranean (Italy Greece, Malta) joins Deloitte North West Europe in a new combination Deloitte North & South Europe.
Key NWE statistics per 1 June 2018
Over 38,000 People
Over 650 FTE in NWE ITS
Over 120 FTE in EDC’s
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. We intend to enable you to innovate our services, to enable us to be..
… The first choice for all things Technology & Digital
… Easy to work with, close to the business
… Actively supporting new business opportunities
… Supporting the best practitioner experience in professional services
… The gold standard in technology security
… An efficient, reliable and agile operational service
… Powered by world class, innovative people with a passion for delivery