The Pursuit Lead will work in concert with the Pursuit Coach and the PCoE Creative team (writer and designer) to provide strategic and operational leadership on NSE Consulting’s largest and most strategic pursuits. Responsibilities include the oversight and facilitation of pursuit activities throughout the end-to-end pursuit lifecycle (Pre-RFP, RFP response/proposal development, Supplier Presentations and Post-Presentation) for NSE sales opportunities.
The Pursuit Lead is required to rapidly engage with and drive collaboration between numerous pursuit and leadership stakeholders and the client service delivery team to create compelling and differentiated selling propositions for our clients. The Pursuit Lead is also expected to actively identify knowledge gaps, critical challenges and possible risks for the sales opportunity whilst working proactively with other key internal functions such as QRM and Delivery Excellence to attain the utmost quality of our offering.
This opportunity will likely require significant travel.
- Manage pursuits to strengthen NSE pursuit capability across the pursuit lifecycle and drive a higher win rate on key opportunities;
- Assist the Pursuit Coach and client service team in crafting a compelling value proposition, winning messages, and a differentiated strategy for the specific opportunity;
- Develop and own the pursuit plan (in conjunction with the client service pursuit lead), establish key milestones and deliverables, and monitor assignments through the establishment of a pursuit SharePoint site;
- Provide oversight and quality review for proposal and presentation documents, design approach, risk reviews, and ensure strategic messaging is represented in all deliverables;
- Bring best practices from other pursuits and extended pursuit networks to assist in closing content gaps;
- Facilitate leadership and internal quality reviews, monitor the development of resource and pricing models, and coordinate leadership pricing and quality calls;
- Flag and escalate issues to the Pursuit Coach and Lead Engagement Partner;
- Manage pursuit meetings and logistics;
- Work in conjunction with the Creative team to support production of printed and/or multi-media materials;
- Assist and support select learning and development initiatives to build and enhance Deloitte’s sales excellence capabilities across the firm.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
- 5-7 years sales pursuit and proposal development experience, preferable;
- Former Consulting client service backgrounds preferred, combined with pursuits, a plus;
- Experience working with, collaborating, and building consensus with stakeholders at executive levels, as well as management/middle management stakeholders;
- Strong understanding of Deloitte services and offerings;
- Strong project management skills: able to work independently and maintain excellent quality control over the milestones and deliverables;
- Proven ability to address and manage conflict;
- Ability to work well under pressure, maintain composure and be flexible;
- Highly proactive, self-starter;
- Strong analytical skills and interpersonal relationship skills;
- Experience with national and/or global consulting organizations;
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
North & South Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece and Malta), Ireland, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North & South Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make;
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities;
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders;
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people;
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.