For our customer in the telecom sector, we are looking for a business/financial controller.
Within the Finance Business Partner Department, we are looking for a Finance Specialist for the “Customer Operations Business Unit (CUO)”.
With a yearly Opex of 400 M€, a Capex of 100 M€ and 4.000 FTE, CUO is at the heart of all non-commercial customer interactions, through field visits inside/outside the customer premises, through contact centers and via Logistics. CUO serves as well the Residential as and Professional customers.
The purpose of this job is to support 3 divisional directors of CUO, through the full financial cycle (3-year plan, budget, forecast, actuals; as well Opex as Capex). As Finance Specialist, you will report to the Finance Business Partner for CUO (= customer operations).
- Together with your business counterpart, you are responsible for the forecast including budget, quarterly estimates and 3 years strategic plan for direct margin and Opex. You will challenge, consolidate the figures and present the proposal to the CUO FIN and Business directors.
- You are in charge of reporting monthly the main variances versus plan regarding financials and operational drivers for the different divisions, including a projection of risk and opportunities versus last forecast exercise and potential action plans.
- By using your excellent communication and writing skills, you prepare the finance opinion on business cases to be submitted to the CUO Management and/or the Executive Committee for approval.
- Together with your colleagues, you are responsible for the preparation of the monthly CUO reporting to the Executive Committee, as well as the Gross to Net evolution of the costs.
- You work in close collaboration with other Finance or Support departments (Tax, Accounting, Regulatory, Legal, Procurement, Treasury, …). You make sure to have a complete view on all elements that could influence your decisions within your responsible area of activities. (IFRS compliancy, Regulatory constraints, …)
- You are, as member of the CUO Finance Business Partners team, responsible to communicate and share on a regular and structural way the output of your analyses to help colleagues in their day to day activities
In order to manage all the above, we are looking for a colleague who is:
• Digital savvy with good knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and is willing to invest in other software applications (TM1, Salesforces, …);
• In depth knowledge of Excel
• has very good presentation skills (oral and writing);
• is well organized and can work with short deadlines;
• is results-oriented, has an analytical mind and can cope with stress;
• is a very good team player with excellent communication skills;
• and last but not least who is proactive, assertive and diplomatic.
Regarding your education & experience, we prefer a university degree, supplemented with at least 3 years of experience in a financial domain (audit, controlling, financial analysis);
Of course, you can express yourself fluently in French or Dutch and English. (oral and writing)