For our customer in the telecom sector in Brussels, we are looking for a Radio Design Engineer.
As Radio Design Engineer, you’re responsible for:
• Being a central point of contact for high-level mobile network design aspects, in other words being able to anticipate, understand requirements, model and recommend network deployment plans for the Customers mobile access network in terms of coverage, capacity (traffic), technology choice, products and services (hence creating a Network Development Plan).
• Support in the definition of the Customers strategic roadmap for the mobile access network based upon business requirements, differentiation possibilities and vendor information.
• Managing the different projects under your responsibility and / or the entire Network Development Plan including budget assessment (based on cost drivers) for both Capex and Opex allocation (maintenance, power consumption, ...), support preparation of the business cases. Translation of the technical requirements for the mobile access part into a detailed Capex and Opex one, three- and ten-years plan.
• Define the deployment guidelines for the different projects that you manage
• Provide technical support and information to support the team in sourcing files
• Support on putting in place the design rules applied in the network.
Your technical profile:
• Master in Telecommunications or Electronics or equivalent by experience.
• An experience of 10 to 15 years in the radio access domain is required.
• You are skilled in creating effective technical and financial models (transformation of a project concept into a practical deployment plan including volumes, activities, unit costs…).
• You’ve a very good knowledge of the functional aspects of the radio access network and the interworking with the voice and data core service platforms.
Your competency profile:
Following competencies have been identified as the most important:
• You can work together in teams in a constructive & diplomatic approach giving efficient collaborations with vendors and other team members.
• You are good at generating new creative ideas and original solutions, which are strategic & cost efficient.
• You take initiatives and systematically drive for results. You’ve a positive attitude.
• You anticipate the needs of our internal and external customers and work in a pro-active approach.
• You are quality minded, and you strive to create efficient work processes.
• You can timely and effectively inform people. You have excellent presentation skills.
• You can learn quickly, and you can understand and solve problems effectively.
• Be fluent in English (written and spoken) and be able to express himself/herself in French and/or Dutch is an asset.