Apart from its position as world leader, AXA is a major Belgian banking and insurance partner. Nearly three million customers trust us with every major moment in their life: buying a house, growing their company, motor loss and death of those dear to them. Whatever happens, we are and will always be there to support them during these perpetual changes.
AXA accounts for a global turnover of 92 billion euros in 59 countries.
* Diversity is important at AXA: Whoever you are, it’s your talents that make the difference.
Property and Casualty Insurance – Underwriting and Contract Management
- Retail LoB
- Commercial LoB
The Solution Architect is an IT professional with strong emphasis on applications, data and/or technology architectures and a thorough understanding of business LoB she/he is supporting. The Solution Architect outlines solutions across functional domains then monitors their implementation (via design authority meetings). The Solution Architect reports directly to the Enterprise Architect of the domain and work in close tandem with Business Architects and Delivery Managers.
As an IT Solution Architect, your responsibilities will be to:
- Create for each initiative (new feature), the solution architecture which contain application components, integration (services, API and file), application cooperation, information etc. views and which are formalized using Archimate;
- Take ownership of non-functional requirements specification;
- Communicate the solution and make sure stakeholders and management understand it (to the detail necessary);
- Contribute in the implementation of the target architecture roadmap;
- Challenge and validate/define the scope to ensure that business can take the right decisions for the organization;
- Ensure that initiative remain aligned with the initial business architecture to ensure the right result is obtained for the organization;
- Support the business in business process digitization (challenge, simplify,…) by proposing innovative solutions.
You work in an Agile environment.
As an IT Solution Architect, you have:
- A master degree in IT or equivalent by experience;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Very good knowledge of IT market trends and follow the technology evolutions;
- Are familiar with converting and analysing complex functional and non-functional requirements and able to make other complex technical information understandable.
And you also are:
- Fluent in French and are able to read/write English and understand Dutch;
- A very good communicator (ability to communicate to all relevant stakeholders on their relevant level of information need) and you can write complex documents and deliver persuasive presentations;
- A quick learner and have the ability to rapidly grasp the IT application landscape and the business functions these applications fulfil;
- Good at networking and influencing;
- Flexible, pro-active, structured and quality oriented;
- A team player and you leverage the knowledge of your peers to ensure the best possible solution.
Your overall remuneration
- From your first day (and during the following weeks), you will enjoy intensive support so that you will soon find your feet among us;
- We believe in the New Way of Work. As soon as you have proven yourself, you will in fact be free to choose your working hours yourself, even working part-time from home. Given that you will not have an official office, you will often be surrounded by different colleagues and will weave an extensive internal network;
- It is important to us to offer you all possible leeway to evolve and build your career within Axa. All job offers (and therefore this one also) are communicated in-house initially;
- We shall supplement your salary with interesting advantages using a self-service model. You will therefore make up your remuneration yourself by choosing from a range of options: mobility advantages, reductions on our banking and insurance products, child-minding during school holidays, etc;
- You will enjoy group insurance, disability and hospitalisation insurance and accident cover;
- We apply actively a welfare-related internal policy which will help you to remain in good health.
And, of course, you will work with many charming colleagues in a pleasant atmosphere.