About This Position
Under the guidance of the Head of IT Europe, this position has responsibility for providing phone, remote, and in-person support to resolve systems specific issues impacting restaurants, remote users, and Support Office employees.
The position will be based in the Brussels Support Office.
- Provide high quality customer service and timely resolution of systems issues that are business impacting.
- Work with business customers and other IT professionals to resolve disruptions, delays or intermittent outages of computerized equipment and software malfunctions.
- Must be able to perform diagnosis on both hardware and software issues and implement solutions and resolve issues to our customers’ satisfaction.
- Analyzes problem tickets to identify permanent solutions, user training needs, Help Desk process improvement, and ideas to eliminate business interruptions.
- Handle any special projects that are assigned to the IT Support Group.
- A strong customer service attitude.
- Must be self-motivated and have the independence, initiative and desire to achieve.
- An approach to work which is conscientious and methodical; a strong work ethic using efficient methods and the ability to see tasks through to completion.
- Fluency in French, Dutch and English
- Ability to respond to service and trouble calls quickly and efficiently, while adjusting priorities.
- The ability to exercise good judgment in decision making.
- A solid understanding of how to support / troubleshoot / repair: Networking, Windows 7/8/10, Mac, PC Hardware, POS Peripheral Hardware, applications.
- Experience in installing hardware and software in new and existing sites.
- Possess a combination of both computer skills and restaurant operation knowledge.
- Must open to light, local travel as needed, to provide on-site customer support.
- Strong interpersonal communications, time management, organization, decision making and customer service skills.
- Help Desk/Troubleshooting Experience and Micros POS experience a plus
- Work experience in hospitality technology preferred
- Technical Certification or 1-3 years of experience in computer support is desirable.
- Must be available to work on-call shifts, nights and weekends from the corporate office as well as at home as part of the team’s shift rotation