USG Professionals focuses on the development of your talent by bringing you into contact with challenging corporate cultures. We guide our experts in six cross-sector disciplines during their professional journey.
For our client, P&V, we are looking for a Project Manager profile for the design and management of their Target Operating Model in the context of the Non Life Business Transformation path.
Scrum Master on:
• Post Go Live Support from the Non-Life Business Transformation path (Guidewire suite Production Maintenance).
• Non Life & Claims Legacy projects.
• Legacy Production Maintenance (Mainframe / CICS).
The Scrum/PM profile will work within the Non Life & Claims Legacy team on: Non Life-, Claims- and transversal Legacy projects, besides the production defect resolution coming from the NLBT (Non-Life Business Transformation) program.
We are using Hybrid Agile as methodology (Agile + Prince 2 based). In our Hybrid Agile context: the Development is done iterative in sprints, all other phases are according the waterfall approach.
The Scrum/PM profile will focus on delivery, achieving the result with the team. Within this profile the application of scrum is important but taking on PM related coordination/follow-up activities are also necessary. For both, having a hands-on and pragmatic approach is crucial.
Both a functional and technical (design/development/testing) background can help to better understand the context of the projects and the expected delivery.
- Lead and coordinate the daily activities of the NL & Claims Legacy team
- Organize and conduct team meetings e.g. sprint planning
- Regular contact with the Product Owners (PO’s) & Project Managers (PM’s) to identify the correct priorities- Help the PM’s to describe work packages and identify the teams needed to deliver it
- Regular contact with his/her IT Delivery Master regarding NL & Claims Legacy team capacity management and needs
- Regular contact with his/her IT Delivery Master regarding any escalation he/she would deem as necessary e.g. resource behaviour, resource capacity shortcomings, ...
- Coordinate with other Scrum Masters to synchronise the in-time delivery for activities related to transversal programs such as NLBT
- Plan & monitor activities within team
- Create dashboards or other follow-up tools to provide transparency & follow up
- Help the team to become more effective, efficient and productive
- Act as a facilitator to increase collaboration - break down silos
- Reporting information on a regular basis e.g. velocity calculation, reporting of the operational costs (man-days) & PM reporting
2. SPOC and communication
- Act as a sounding board when questions or problems arise around analysis, development, testing, releases, resource capacity and resource availability
- Representation of the team towards Management & Business (e.g. Sprint reviews)
- Answer questions; solve impediments, building bridges between the different stakeholders within IT & Business
- Act as a SPOC for important program alignment meetings such as the "Scrum of scrums”
- Discuss if things are crucial to get to a result
3. Continuous Improvement
- Continuously improve the way of working of the teams by using the input of the grooming’s, planning’s & retro’s on a regular basis
- Align well with other scrum masters on the way of working within P&V and come with new ideas to work together
- Attend the brown bag sessions & scrum meetings with scrum master colleagues regularly
• Language: 3-lingual NL - FR - EN:
Good communication skills in Dutch AND French, with excellent verbal and written communication in English!
• Certified Scrum Master and proven experience as Scrum Master (at least 3 years’ experience as Scrum Master)
• Knowledge of Prince 2 principles to understand our Hybrid Agile methodology (Prince 2 + Agile) and proven experience as PM (at least 5 years’ experience as Project Manager)
• Can work in a flexible way, with different methodologies, various nationalities, partners, ...
• Able to make the link where necessary between team actors such as developers, testers, analysts
• Solution minded
• Able to get to know the organization and the culture rapidly
• Proactive personality
• Open mindset and being able to work with different personalities
• Strong communication skills
• Strong reporting skills
• A functional and technical background (design/development/testing) can help to better understand the context
• A supportive servant leader: strong in people management, being a part of the team while strengthening the team
• Support on setting priorities for the team, ability to challenge the work priorities, discuss delivery and proposed deadlines when needed, assertive yet diplomatic approach
Nice to have
• Experience with Jira
• Experience with EA
• Experience in the insurance industry
Desired start date: asap
Duration contract: Min. 9 months, with opportunity for extension and space to evolve in the function.