Software Engineer Web Applications
The top ICT company in Belgium is looking for top IT talents
Proximus is facing one of its biggest challenges ever: its transformation into a digital service provider. Together with our customers, partners and other business units, we are building the digital company of the future with the latest technologies and the most advanced software. In these exciting times, our ICT specialists are given every opportunity to learn and grow.
Our future is digital. Yours too?
Do terms like "agile", "scrum" and "cloud computing" make your heart beat faster? Need your daily fix of IaaS, PaaS and AI? Want to grow and contribute to the growth of the digital future of Belgium's largest IT employer? Then perhaps you're one of the 100 new IT talents we're looking for!
You work within one of the domains responsible for the development of front-end web applications serving Proximus customers or cockpit applications serving our internal workforce.
As a software engineer you work in an agile team and are responsible for translating business and IT needs into working code.
Role & Responsibilities:
* You build robust, high performing and scalable, flexible solutions using agile (SCRUM) and test driven methodologies.
* You participate in the technical design of the solution based on business requirements gathered and analyzed by team analysts.
* You look for creative and simple solutions and you provide clear, structured documentation for the users, as well for the development teams and testers.
* You are responsible for the follow-up of the projects assigned to you. Leading a sub team is part of your tasks to ensure a correctly and timely delivery.
* You drive the testers and apply Continuous Integration and Delivery principles in the project.
* You participate in the implementation of releases following the Proximus change & release management processes.
* You provide support to the operation team in case of major incidents for which engineering knowledge is required.
* You have a bachelor or master degree (preferably in an IT related domain) or equivalent by experience.
* You have hands-on experience with :
* reactive programming patterns
* continuous integration and automated test & build
* functional programming
* agile development (Scrum) principles & methodologies
* developing NodeJS applications
* specific technologies (NOSQL)
* Knowledge of java script/typescript (angular 2+) web-based development, tooling and framework and software quality metrics is required.
* You are optimistic, solution oriented, creative with an open mind.
* Customer centricity is part of your nature.
* You value communication and collaboration with others.
* You have a learning attitude.
* Good knowledge of English is mandatory (both oral and written). French and/or Dutch is an advantage.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and international level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.
Not really the job you're looking for? Then be sure to check out our other IT vacancies!