For our customer in the telecom sector, we are looking for a Senior Program Manager to elaborate and refine an efficient Program master plan.
The program manager leads and manages company- wide large program teams in order to ensure timely delivery of major business initiatives, with
respect of approved scope and budget
Required Responsibilities in General:
- Deliver the program (and underlying projects) on time, on scope and on budget
- Coordinate and facilitate change within the different involved departments and escalate if required according to the program/project governance rules
- Set-up a program and project teams covering all impacted teams in the assigned domain of responsibility both for business
and technical teams (end-to-end approach & governance)
- Define a clear and realistic program plan based on the internal customer roadmap
- Identify the deliverables and associated resources for the involved delivery teams as well as the timing
- Prepare the program budget and ensure its realization by closely following up and, if required, taking timely corrective actions
- Follow up program/project progress on a frequent basis (through the organization of the regular follow-up meetings) to enable close monitoring,
thorough communication and proactive problem detection
- Proactively detect potential issues by monitoring the executing of the program/project tasks and trigger the appropriate actions
- Liaise on a continuous basis with management of the impacted department(s) to ensure that everyone is fully aware of the deliverabes
(content+timing) his or her team is in charge of
- Report on program/project progress and issues
- Provide day to day management & coaching of the program team
- Ensure that all methodologies and procedures are known and applied by all team members
- Ensure full alignment of the planning with company-wide related initiatives
What makes this job challenging?
- Broad and generic knowledge of the processes linked to Radio Access Network domains, containing a basic understanding on the technical aspects and a larger understanding of all surrounding processes (Project management, RfQ’s, financials, technical planning,….) requiring organizational skills and understanding of the dynamics of a medium size corporation
- Very diverse stakeholders. Need to be able to interact at Managing Director level as well as technical specialist level.
- The need for creativity and problem-solving skills. The program manager will also interact with the stakeholder to potentially debug situation which are blocked at project level.
What makes this job attractive?
- Being the central focus point of the evolution of this specific Master plan, accessing and influencing the decisions and progress on projects and processes leading to an efficient organization which just started.
Degree & Experience:
- At least 15 year of experience in Program and Project Management within complex environments
- Proven experience in IT Domain
- Proven experience in steering, setting pace and injecting life into the program, projects and teams, coordinating all aspects
- Proven experience in telco domain
- Sound project methodology knowledge ( (PMI, Prince 2, Agile)
- MS Office Tools ( Word, Excel MS-Access, MS-project, Powerpoint)
- Proven leadership skills
- Motivator who can bring over the energy to the team
- Business acumen
- Negotiation & convincing skills
- Curious and eager to learn
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Result oriented
- Good coaching skills, experience with steering a group of 5-10 project managers
- Dutch OR French (and knowledge of the 2nd language)