- The person will be responsible for providing support to our customers.
- He/She will show technical understanding on customers issues.
- He/She will complete all information’s related to the issue in the ticketing system.
- He/She works as technical support (level 1) on the customer network and services to his customers, mainly on Cisco and HP products for the network and Audiocode & Escaux for the voice part, Cisco CUCM for the videoconferencing part. Knowledge of Video over IP is an asset (VMS Genetec).
- The support will be provided during the office hours and there is a duty support service after the hours (about one week a month).
- The work environment bid a huge diversity of technology exposure on applications, network, voice and video products.
- This position assures to the person a learning curve in a lot of different technologies.
- After the outsourcing period, there are evolution opportunities as product specialist and being involved in the services design and/or projects delivery.
- Works in collaboration with the operations team
- Communicate with the SLA responsible/service manager in case of potential exceeded SLA
- Builds strong team relationships with other Network Engineers.
- Connects directly with end customers and builds effective working relationships while solving their issues.
- S/he will be responsible of the direct communication to the customer and will classify the reported issue
- S/he will provide level 1 technical support to end customers on the different technologies, products, and/or solutions with a special focus on Unified Communication and LAN services.
- S/He will provide the first steps of troubleshooting.
- S/he will share his/her knowledge with other people in writing technical issues and solutions in order to enlarge the knowledge database and documentation.
- S/he will escalate the problems to the team if the issue is not to be solved at his/her level.
- S/he will escalate some specific problems to the product manager and/or to the Operations Manager for product enhancement.
- S/he will work closely with his colleagues to achieve common goals.
- S/he will strive to technical excellence and expertise.
- Fundamental "core" networking skills, including routing, switching
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Unified communication/VOIP, Call Center, Routing, Switching (essential), firewalling
- Knowledge of IT Architecture (advantageous)
- Fluent Dutch and French speaker (essential), knowledge of English.
Industry or Sector Experience:
- Prior experience in a technical ICT / Telecom support environment (advantageous).
- Prior experience of high-level technical problem solving (essential)
- Bachelors in Computer Studies or equivalent by experience.
- Cisco and other relevant technical certification.
- Autonomous worker with team spirit (essential)
- Eager to learn. Technical aptitude to assimilate new learning quickly (essential)
- Enjoys sharing knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential)
- Flexible: very able to adapt to a changing environment (essential)
- Out-of-the-box thinker (essential)
- Able to take initiative and drive change (essential)
- Performs well under pressure and in disruptive environments where priorities can change in response to customer demand
- Capacity and passion to help customers. Good customer engagement
- Manages customer expectations and always aims to leave the customers feeling valued and overall positive about the company.
- Team player (essential).