Young Professional 2019 - ARP / Project Manager
Proximus is the leading telecommunications company in Belgium and a market leader in a number of areas, including fixed-line telephony services, mobile communications services and broadband data and Internet services.
The Architecture, Roadmap and Program Management (ARP) department within Technology division aims at providing Proximus with outstanding program, project and process management capabilities that will allow the company to overachieve its business objectives and deliver premium class services to its customers.
As Project Manager, you will be responsible to ensure that the business or technical projects (small at a first stage) are delivered on-time, on-scope, and on-budget through the use of the Proximus methodology while ensuring continuous alignment between the various stakeholders within the impacted teams.
A possible job evolution within the department is possible (eg to the role of process architect where you will be responsible to design the end-to-end processes for new products and services that Proximus aims to bring to the market). So the ability to learn quickly will be key.
As a young graduate, it is a great opportunity to get in touch with Telecom and ICT services of Proximus by working in a cross departmental and professional environment. It also gives you the opportunity to learn how a company like Proximus implements new innovative products and/or processes. Not only from a technology perspective but also to get a view on cross departmental collaboration, go-to-market strategies, regulatory constraints and customer support challenges.
Most of the projects lead by ARP Project Management derive from the execution of a 3 Years Business or Technical program roadmap. Different domains are covered such as Mass market products, Professional market (Telco and ICT) products, Fix and Mobile network evolution, etc …
The project manager
* Is accountable for delivering his projects in time, on budget and in scope with the needed quality to ensure a successful launch.
* Handles variances on planning, budget and scope and respects the governance
* Has a good understanding of the project content to ensure the scope and the proposed technical solution answer the project objectives
* Takes ownership and challenges the stakeholders when needed
* Efficiently communicates to the key stakeholders in the core team and on management level
* Identifies risks and propose mitigation plans
* Can deal with changes and adapts easily to changing environments
* Can handle multiple projects of medium complexity in parallel
* Master in Business Engineering, Science Engineering (Applied Sciences, Civil Engineering), Applied Economics Sciences, Computer Science, Bioscience engineering or Industrial Sciences
* You recently graduated or you had a first professional experience.
* You are familiar with Office tools (Word, Excel, MS-Project and Powerpoint).
* You are mastering the following soft skills: communication (written and verbal), organising, problem solving, priority setting and building effective teams
* You are a team player and you are able to interact with a variety of teams across the whole company.
* You are fluent (spoken and written) in English + Dutch and/or English + French
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and international level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.