We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to join a new IT team, which is responsible for all IT systems used by the New Medicines department (early drug discovery till pre-clinical phase).
You will be part of a team based in Braine l’Alleud, and participate in the day-to-day operational activities of the team.
Due to the nature of the specialized scientific systems involved, we are looking for someone who can solve IT-related problems as part of a wider team with domain experts, but is able to work independently if need be.
You will be working at the crossroads of science and IT technology, enabling our scientist in making breakthrough discoveries by implementing & supporting state of-the-art software and IT technologies.
Your tasks will be twofold:
Pharma Application Support
* Level 2 and 3 Application support
* Contact with Third party/vendor Support team
* Maintain the ITNM Systems Inventory
* Being involved in licensing management for IT New Medicines (ITNM) Apps
* Contribute to/ drive Software Update process (testing, packaging, documenting)
* User Access Management for Lab software linked to Active Directory (AD).
* Periodic Review of ITNM-Systems
Project Admin Support
* Participate to Project Initiation, Design Specifications, User Requirements.
* Capture of knowledge from Vendor to UCB documentation
* Validation – HPALM (HP Application Lifecycle Management) - Review and execute test sheets
* Follow-up of IT dependencies with IT/Business Stakeholders
* Lifecycle - Sign as Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Languages : English required, French and/or Dutch is a plus.
Able to analyze an issue, identify and solve the problem autonomously
Analytical minded: have a step-wise analytical approach
Willing to engage for a longer-term position (at least 1 year, possibly more)
Open minded and social: listening to problem descriptions and networking in the larger IT Team
Resilient to stress
“Can do”- attitude
Pharma background not necessary but appreciated