Based in the center of Brussels, our client is a telecom and ICT services provider for the Region of Brussels. As a result of a private-public partnership (PPP) our client develops, delivers and manages services and regional projects for all its customers among whom: Brussels’s municipalities, hospitals, police and emergency services, Actiris, STIB, Bruxelles Formation, Bruxelles Environnement...
Due to increasing needs for digital services in the Region, our client is growing in terms of turnover, product portfolio and staff, all whilst keeping a rather small size (around 30 employees), which is an asset for fast and agile developments. The combination of its own capabilities and the strong partnerships with the best-in-class actors of the ICT market allows to deliver end-to-end, highly competitive and state-of-the-art solutions to its customers.
As Application Engineer, you will be part of our technical department to support and improve our existing application portfolio that serves our internal business & external clients. Objectively analyze application performance and effectively implement necessary changes are part of your DNA. You will take ownership of the application. You will not have to code.
You can leave your signature in the company. Having bright ideas is stimulated and appreciated. If you want to do something that matters, this is the place.
Responsible to translate business needs into application features (IT Solution Owner).
• Act as THE reference for the end users (Super User) & IT point of contact (Support Level 2)
• Operational responsibilities for the following business applications:
o Microsoft Dynamics NAV
o The management of the IRISnet ERP solutiono
o Atlassian JIRA: the ITSM solutiono
o Management of the xDRS Mediation / Rating Platformo
Management of the technical orchestration platform through a workflow engine solution still under study.
o Management of IoT connectivity solutions
• Develop training
• Responsible for the knowledge management (documentation & transfer) of the business applications
• Remodel and adapt applications as needed to effectively accomplish (internal & external) client objectives, user needs & optimize performance
• Identify specific customer and client needs and preferences related to application
• Test applications extensively to ensure they are error and bug free
• Act as a technical advisor to all departments
• SPOC for all the suppliers related to the business application for which you have the operational responsibilities
• Liaise with sales department to identify technical requirements and develop solutions
• Connect with customers to analyze user experience and gain constructive feedback
• Customize specialized applications according to client needs
• Present new project proposals to sales department based on customer analysis
• Contribute to sales presentations showcasing all technical features and processes
• Maintain positive client relationships
The ideal candidate has the following profile:
• Bachelor’s or master’s in computer engineering, computer science, or related field
• 3+ years’ experience as an applications engineer
• Extensive knowledge in ERP (Microsoft Dynamics)
• Knowledge in Atlassian JIRA (TSM solution) is an asset
• Strong skills analysis & problem solving
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to handle client and customer issues tactfully and professionally
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Adept and effective communicator
• Enjoys complex problem-solving and collaboration
The successful candidate should be:
• Customer focused and ability to translate their needs in solutions
• Strong communicator, both oral and written, with presentation and influencing skills
• Ability to dispel the complexity of IT and to make it comprehensive for novice & inexperienced persons
• Team player, collaborates well with people from various backgrounds and develops solid relationships;
• Autonomous, self-motivated, engaged and organized, ready to take ownership, set priorities, work towards deliverables and achieve results;
• Energetic, enthusiast and curious, takes initiatives, identifies opportunities, proposes out-of-the-box solutions and is flexible in quickly adapting to change;