Senior Application Support Engineer
The IT Infrastructure department is looking for a senior Application Support Engineer. This person will be part of the Microsoft Application team, which is responsible to deploy all in-house developed applications running in Acceptance & Production, and which manages some core shared applications to support those applications (like Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, …).
We are looking for a senior profile, eager to learn, and able to learn quickly.
• Deploy and update all applications in acceptance & production environments (mostly Windows IIS & SQL based);
• System administration of the supporting core applications: MS SQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, NEO4J, Redis Cache, and all other shared technologies – knowledge of these products is a nice to have;
• Enforcement and monitoring of security guidelines and standards;
• Monitoring, change and patch management of the environment;
• Ensure optimal 2nd/3rd level (interface to Microsoft and other 3rd parties) support;
• Keep operating and installation documentation for the above areas up to date;
• Be part of the duty role (24/7, 1 in 4-5 weeks) in this team.
Technical service requirements:
• Computer science degree, a comparable education or proven experience in the sector (>3 years);
• In-depth knowledge of and operational experience with MS Windows Server 2012R2 –2016 (>5 years);
• Knowledge of Powershell, IIS, MS-SQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, NEO4J or Redis Cache is a plus;
• Must be natively Dutch or French speaking, able to speak and understand English – German is a plus.
Other important, non-technical skills
• Must be a team player;
• Must have planning and organizational skills (working with strict deadlines – must be able to cope with stress);
• Must be able to troubleshoot technical problems;
• Must be able to work independently;
• Must be customer minded;
• Must be able and eager to learn new products or technologies;
• Must be accountable;
• Must have an operational mindset;
• Must be available for duty role (24/7, 1 week in 4), definitely NOT a 9 to 5 worker.
• Workplace will be Brussels (Schaarbeek), with occasional travel to Berlin (all travel expenses paid by client);
• Must have a driver license and car (required for the duty role) and mobile phone;
• Start date : Asap;
• Please state in your proposal proven experience with similar environments (5000 users, 600 application servers, 200 SQL servers) plus references if available.