At Deloitte’s Human Capital practice, the worlds of business, people, and technology intersect to transform the way our clients work. We are a trusted advisor and leading implementation partner collaborating with companies and governments around the world.
In our People Analytics team, we are committed to helping companies understand and achieve the full benefits of their people analytics strategy and practice. We help organizations to make smarter, increasingly strategic, and better informed talent and business decisions by moving from descriptive to predictive analytics, determining patterns and predicting future outcomes, potential risks and opportunities.
We are looking for a Medior/Senior Data Analytics Specialist to join our team. You will be responsible for shaping and executing data analyses used for inferential and predictive modeling, clustering, segmentation, data mining, data wrangling in the area of Talent and People Management. You will visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of visual formats that appropriately provide insights in our client organizations. In all of this, you enjoy supporting Junior Data Analytics Specialists who will work alongside with you. You are taking part in a young and growing team and you are able to make an impact on the strategic & innovative the directions the team is pursuing, based on your expertise.
This position will be focused on advanced analytical modeling in the human resources functional area (people data combined with business data). This will involve conducting analyses using advanced statistics and data mining techniques to enable better decision making.
- Degree in Statistics, Psychology, Sociology, (Social) Economy, Econometry, Business, Educational Sciences, or similar (other profiles can also be considered on case-by-case basis);
- Strong knowledge of inferential statistics, statistical analysis, data collection, and modeling techniques; experience of applications of this knowledge in a human sciences domain is a plus.
- Knowledge and demonstrable hands-on experience with data science techniques: machine learning, Apache Spark, SQL, dimensionality reduction, …
- Ability to visualize and present statistical results in a comprehensive way to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrable experience with R and/or Python for data wrangling, statistical programming or general programming; knowledge of data science related packages (tidyverse, caret, ggplot2 for R and/or numpy, pandas, sklearn, matplotlib for Python).
- Ability to develop analytical approaches to answer strategic questions with insightful, data-driven recommendations;
- Must possess a client-service and business-oriented mindset and a desire to take on tough and challenging projects;
- You like to support/start supporting junior data scientists when working in team on client projects.
- Experience with Agile and project management is a strong plus;
- Being flexible in your way of working. The scope and content of work will frequently change depending on the portfolio of projects;
- An excellent knowledge of English and Dutch and/or French.
- A challenging, innovating and flexible work environment where personal development and growth opportunities are limitless;
- An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits;
- A large diversity in project engagements;
- A team of more than 140 passionate, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial colleagues;
- A young team where your expertise will make a difference in shaping our future business.
- Our business activities are centralized in Deloitte's Gateway office based in Brussels (Zaventem).